Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Thursday, April 07, 2005

What does a girl do when she has time alone?

*Whew!* Finally!!!!! A whole night to myself after a really over-the-top bz week. Hardly had 4 hours of sleep since Tuesday last week, I thought the ONLY sane thing to do last night was to catch up on some Zzzzzzzzzzsss. Then my daddy passed me this DVD he thought I'd enjoy and the night turned into a ...... *TAH-DAH* Chick Flick Night!!!!! Muahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Title of Movie:
Raise Your Voice (yeah, I'm a sucker for any movies with songs)
Starring:
Hilary Duff (I DID mention it was a chick flick)
Summary:
Terri Fletcher (Hilary Duff) is a small town girl with big dreams. With her naturally joyful singing voice, Terri has her sights set on attending the Bristol-Hillman Conservatory in LA - the most celebrated summer music program in the country. Plot includes a death of a brother, an over-bearing father, a determined mum and aunt who devises a plan to keep her from missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime. Typical chick flick girl-meets-boy, falls in love, opposition from an ex, mold in couple of new friendships yada-yada-yada.... bla bla bla...

The thing about watching Hilary Duff movies that is a real turn-off is that she's soooooooo insanely PERFECT!!! Like in A Cinderella Story or Lizzie Mcguire *yeah, I watch a lot of Chick Flicks...so sue me :P*, she gets abused by evil stepsisters and cheated off her inheritance by an evil stepmother. And she's still smiling ALL the time going, "I'm so sweet!" *GAAAAHHHHHH!* The evil side of Juan is coming forth.... hahhahahahhaha. Na-lar, her shows are nice to watch cause it's very light and easy. But honestly, I enjoy Lindsay Lohan's films a tad bit more than Hilary's cause she chooses roles that has this little "mean" side of her that seems a bit more "real".

Back to Raise Your Voice, it was enjoyable watching a no-brainer after a full week's busy-ness :) The only cast making an impact (to me, cause I'm pretty sure the supporting cast was NOT the highlight) was Denise (played by Dana Davis). She was Terri's dorm mate who's uptight and intensely focused on her musical passion; which was the violin. The high of the movie was during the final recital when Denise started with a sit-down violin playing but ended with something totally "her"... chair crashing, loud, noisy, passionate and intense. *oppps did I give away too much about this movie?*

It got me thinking... How often do we supress our own originality and individuality cause it's just not how society would be comfortable with? Worth a thought, perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home