Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Monday, April 11, 2005

When was the last time you were like a kid again?

Yeah, I’m a Chris Tomlin fan. Was driving home on a Sunday afternoon yesterday and the tune of this song caught my attention. One thing about me, after catching a tune that I like, I’d play the same song over and over till I get sick of it! Soon, I was singing along in the car. *giggle* Hmm... I wonder what the drivers of the other cars were thinking *LOL*. Let me share the song with you…

The way I was made

Caught in the half-life, I’m caught alone
Waking up to the sunrise and the radio
Feels like I’m tied up, what’s holding me?
Just praying today will be the day I go free

I want to live like there’s no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one’s around
I want to sing like nobody’s listening
Before I lay my body down
I want to give like I have plenty
I want to love like I’m not afraid
I want to be the man I was meant to be
I want to be the way I was made

Made in your likeness, made with Your hands
Made to discover who you are and who I am

All I’ve forgotten help me to find
All that you’ve promised let it be in my life


The 20 minutes drive home wasn’t enough so I turned my own home into a music playground; setting the song on repeat mode on my mini-hifi *grin* Whew! What a workout. Allowing the freedom of the song to wash through, I began to dance and sing like a kid again. Doing little twirls and monkey moves… ekkekekekek. I sensed even I worshipped, that God was smiling down from Heaven enjoying what he seeing *smile*. To live like there’s no tomorrow, to dance like no one is around, to sing like nobody is listening, to give like I have plenty, to love like I’m not afraid… WOW!

So… when was the last time you were like a kid again? No worries… No responsibilities… Just being yourself… Oblivious to your surroundings… Basking in His presence. Mmmmmm…

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home