Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Friday, April 15, 2005

What are the characteristics of your ideal partner?

I had an interesting conversation with a friend over Messenger yesterday. We were talking about qualities that we wanted in our life partners and somehow we started chatting about the characters in the Bible.

She said, “I want somebody like PAUL!!!!!”

Yeah… She’s not the first person who swoons over this character *laughs* I remember another friend who’s absolutely smitten with Paul. She goes all ‘sigh-y’ and got this lovesick look on her face *giggle* A quick note that one woman is 40 years of age and the other is 25. *Fui-yoh!* A man for all ages… kekekkekekekekkeek. Paul… And what do these two women say about him? A gung-ho character! A man of ACTION! Passionate! A man who has this immense amount of LOVE! Hai-yah… maybe too much of the six o’clock Cantonese dramas are not healthy for our personal love lives. We women tend to swoon over men who go ALL OUT pursuing the woman they love. The ones that can receive rejection over and over again, but yet because of passion and love, he perseveres in pursuit and at last wins the heart of his fair maiden. *groan!* Have we set the bar of romance a tad bit too high??

Eihhhh… I like side-track from main topic liao-leh. Characters in the Bible… And who do I like the most??? Personally, I like Simon Peter. He gives me hope! *giggle* I sure could use a blabbermouth who never thinks before he speaks to make me feel a tad bit smarter…ahhahahahahahahahahaah. As I’m writing this, I remember these passages:

Mat 17:1-4 Six days later Jesus took with him Peter and the brothers James and John and led them up a high mountain where they were alone. As they looked on, a change came over Jesus: his face was shining like the sun, and his clothes were dazzling white. Then the three disciples saw Moses and Elijah talking with Jesus. So Peter spoke up and said to Jesus, "Lord, how good it is that we are here! If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."

Seeing Jesus shining like a star, meeting with Elijah and Moses. And what is Peter’s first reaction????? MAKING TENTS!!! Muahahahahhahahahah!!!! *wipes tears from eyes* OK… Let me clear the air a bit. I’m not being disrespectful. Like my friend said, “Hey, careful arrrr… nanti jumpa them during judgment day, u kena from them ar” But you know what? I believe Jesus and Peter are chuckling with me in Heaven *smiles* After all, Simon Peter changed his name to Peter which meant “The Rock”!

There’s this other friend who hooked herself up with a great guy about half a year ago. And I asked her, “So, how are things?” And she answered, “I hate to admit it, but the silly man does make me laugh” Heheh…

So, leave some comments. Any thoughts. Your favourite characters… your ideal life partner…

3 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2005 9:00 AM, Blogger WH? said…

    Hmmmm, let's see. Ideal partner? For looks, I wish she looks like Evangeline Lilly (she played Kate in LOST) :P but I am just being hopeful.

    Seriously though, my ideal partner would have to be someone who is fun-loving and possesses a cheery nature. What's more expensive or more treasured than a smile/laugh. I believe that's important. Intellectually, she does not need to be very smart, but able to fend for herself (in other words, independent). and oh, she has to love food... coz .. I LOVE FOOD! (hence my size you see :P)

    p/s: just taking this from the top of my head. I seriously have not given much thought to it because... I believe when you love someone, I mean TRULY love someone, his/her weak points will instead become strong points. Atleast that's how I feel.

     
  • At May 03, 2005 5:44 PM, Blogger Ju-Lian said…

    Paul's da man for me :D

     
  • At May 05, 2005 2:50 PM, Blogger Juan said…

    Kenneth: Wait until neck also long liao. When will I get to meet your gal?

    Ju: Ya lar ya lar. Haiyohhh... all these Paul-a-maniacs. Hafta make sure ya have long nails when ya get to Heaven. Then can scrach your way past all the swooning women.

    Honestly, we can talk or think all we want on how we'd like our ideal partner to be. But if you've ever been in love, you'd find that you can't choose who you fall in love with. It just happens ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home