Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The devil was in the parking lot

The devil was in the parking lot, of my local church today.
He was standing there with sticks, an old Bible, and some hay.
So I ask him “What’s your purpose, why is it that you’ve come?”
He smiled “To burn the church down, it just seemed like it’d be fun.”

Then he spread the sticks, and hay around windows, and the door.

And I looked at the devil puzzled, “So what’s the Bible for?”
“The pages burn quite nice and you don’t use it.” He snapped as a reply.
I was angry, but he was right, and I hung my head to cry.

Then remembering the fire, I fell down to my knees.
“God send us rain, we need it now.” Was my urgent, helpless plea.
So He sent one drop, and it landed right here in my hand.
“We must have more.” Was my response, or should I say demand.

The devil laughed “There is no more, and look here comes the crowd.

To watch God’s house burn up, and probably cheer about it loud.”
And I stood there in the parking lot, defeated, without a clue.
Then God whispered in my ear, and I knew just what to do.

I walked into the crowd, to those staring at the blaze.
And looking at my single drop, I shouted, “Praise God, the church is saved!”
The people turned, looking confused, and not knowing what to think.
And I took my drop of Living Water, and gave them all a drink.

Amen.

  • The devil has come to destroy the church, let us not give him anymore fuel for his fires.
  • When we pray to God to bless the church, be assured He will answer our prayers, but it may not be the answer we were looking for.
  • Jesus did not come to earth to save the church; He came to save those that would see the church destroyed. The confused onlookers.

**************************************************************************************************************

I was browsing around and came across this poem. It spoke volumes and I thought that it would be shared today. Seems timely for me to stumble upon this poem, even as we go through the 40-day fast for the nation. It reminded me that it’s not flesh and blood that we’re praying against, and that all prayers will not go unanswered. Just that the answers might not turn out to be what our personal expectations are *shrugs*.

The part about the Bible better off being burnt...akakakakakakak... yeah, better than to collect dust on our shelves, huh? *convicted*

Also, about our prayers are more like 'demands'... *double conviction* :P

How deep are his wisdom and knowledge. Who can explain his decisions? Who can understand his ways? As the scripture says, “Who knows the mind of the Lord? Who is able to give him advice?” For all things were created by him, and all things exists through him and for him.

Sorry if I've bored you with this entry, please don't mind me ranting my head off...

4 Comments:

  • At August 03, 2005 8:55 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    anonymous sounds like a person who's trying to generate hits to his own site. Giveaway? Just a general encouragement for the blog, without any effort to decipher anything within the post.

     
  • At August 03, 2005 11:25 AM, Blogger WH? said…

    err... Juan, it's called SPAM. Congratulations on your 1st blogger spam :P

    I've kena a few before.

     
  • At August 03, 2005 12:46 PM, Blogger Juan said…

    Yo Kenneth, nothing to be congratulated about :P And err... you do PLAN to lemme know what's ur new blog URL, right? Hope everything's good with u right now...

     
  • At August 04, 2005 11:58 AM, Blogger WH? said…

    yeah, things are better so far. Though I am kinda overwhelmed at the moment. Lots of things to learn and catch up. Been several nights that I come home and plop on my bed and then ZZzzz.. (yes missing dinner). Anyhow, I am flying off to Melbourne this Sat 6th and coming back on the 20th (two Sats later).

    New blog is not up yet.. will probably set one when I get the time this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home