Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Monday, July 25, 2005

My first national Missions trip

A little Orang Asli village, our very own Malaysian indigenous group village in Ulu Langat…


The villagers blessed us with some duku langsat and cempedak (local fruits).


A time of worship … aih, too bad the pictures didn’t turn out too well. Was tough trying to catch a sharp shot with everyone jumping up and down :P


Story-telling of Naaman the Warrior using some really cute pictures. Naaman was supposed to have diseased skin, but he kind of looked like he was going through puberty and had a load of pimples *giggle* The kids were so cute as they role-played with the characters.


Ahhh… coloring time!!!


Chow time. Those packets of nasi lemak looked hot hot hot!!!


So, how did I get involved in this? Well somehow early this year, I didn’t feel released to go for Missions overseas. ‘Strange, it was loads of fun doing Missions in India previously’, I thought. Then, during the Soul Survivor Festival, I met up with an old high school tuition mate who was with FGA. After meeting up for a drink later, he told me about this ministry to the Orang Aslis that they were doing, and everything kind of fell into place after that. NOW I know why I didn’t feel the peace earlier – cause THIS was what He had mind for me this year. *oooohhh…*

One extra soul was added to the kingdom yesterday :D I felt like that I was reaping what I had not sowed *bweh*. They’ve been reaching out since a year back, and now have a service attendance of about 20+ people - mostly ministering to the children. Every fortnight, a service on Sundays and a visitation on a weekly basis during the weekdays. Apparently, most of them can’t be categorized as ‘free-thinkers’ cause they worship stuff like rivers and stones *shrugs*. So, what did I find really challenging?

To converse and pray in Malay – sigh. “Semua Bahasa Melayu sudah bagi balik cikgu.”

Word that encouraged me as I went today – John 4:41, 42 Many more believed because of his message, and they told the woman, “We believe now, not because of what you said, but because we ourselves have heard him, and we know that he really is the Savior of the world”. Yeah, we just need to ‘GO!’ and be a messenger. It’s up to Him to meet with the people face to face *encouraged!*.

Wow! Missions in my own backyard. I don’t even need to hop on a plane and spend hundreds or even thousands of ringgits. Instead, it’s just an hour car ride away. Cool eh? Want to me join me the next time – 7th of August? *wink!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home