Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Healthy Living

Body Mass Index/BMI (assess weight relative to height) : 23.7
Basal Metabolic Rate/BMR (min energy for body functions) : 6037 kJ
Height (I think the nurse was short, should be 1-2cm taller :P) : 170 cm
Blood Pressure : 110/63
Pulse (normal-75/90min; athletes-50/60min) : 65/min
Fat % : 34 %

Err… wait… run that by me again. Fat percentage 34 %!!!???!!!??? *urgh* OK, clearly something is not quite right. Since I’m already taking pretty good care of my body; I mean… I’m exercising at least once a week and also keeping a careful watch to what’s going through the mouth. I’m practically eating like a hamster – cereals for breakfast; 3 times a week of cucumber, carrots and tomatoes for lunch; yeah, perhaps the ‘going to sleep after a full dinner part’ is the culprit.

Nevertheless, hey… I’ve lost 5 kg since the beginning of the year… and I’m still tagged with 34% fat?!?

FINE - it’s time to get serious. Decided to create an Excel spreadsheet (can’t get more serious than THAT :P) laying some ground rules, keeping in check the food intake, plus exercise records. Hmph! Ground rules… ground rules… let’s see:
  • No eating after 8 p.m.
  • Minimum intake of treats (ice-cream, chocolate, or cake) to once a week.
  • Minimum intake of fast food to once a week.
  • Minimum intake of sweetened drinks to once a week.
  • Minimum cardio exercise to twice a week (yup, upping it from once to twice a week).

I’m also giving it a go to change the method of consuming dinner – will start off with fruits; then soup; then to the solids (vegetables and meats). MMmmm… somehow the tummy starts to get a bit full after the soup *grin*. This might work…

It’s not so much about wanting to look good or trying to get slim. But I believe I’ve got a responsibility to keep my body fit and healthy. That’s the least I should do for my own health, right? *nods to self*. As for the ground rules, I’m not going to kid myself – if I totally cut out fast foods and treats, there’s NO WAY this healthy living is going to last. So, I’ll still indulge once in awhile :) Hey, you can get your BMI ratings at caloriesperhour.

I’ve been giving this idea some thought – that I don’t want to be the only one who get the kicks out of this new ‘healthy living’. So, to make things a little bit more fun, I’m going to donate RM100 for every kilogram loss. To start off, no matter what the outcome will be… there’s already RM50 in the donation piggy bank. It’s not much, but it’s the thought that counts, right? *smiles* So, on the 18th of December, I’m going to step on a weighing machine and see how much the contribution will be. As for the who or what’s the donation receiving party? Well, we have 5 months to figure that out. :D

3 Comments:

  • At July 21, 2005 5:55 PM, Blogger WH? said…

    and the receiving party of the fund is .................. LOBSTERMAN!!!

    after losing all the weight, go get yourself a nice meal yah? :P

     
  • At July 21, 2005 6:20 PM, Blogger JoshTong said…

    Get yourself a big huge meal and eat back all your calories OR give it to mE! And I'll eat the calories for u. Ain't I nice to you... *_*

     
  • At July 22, 2005 9:59 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    meow: Reason of putting it in a blog is to enable accountability. Cannot give up dee... will have a tonne of people going, "Wei, what happened to your diet plan?"

    jonah: Save the Whales I got hear before. But Save Jonah???!!!???

    Fazli: Hrmmmmm... arr... honestly, I think at the moment he seems to be overstressed. To save Jonah, you'd need to talk to your partners about firing him :P *ding ding!*

    Kenneth: It's not like I'm gonna stop eating. Anyway, lobsters have less fat than chicken, right? Just need to make sure it's no laden with cheese :D

    max: *groan* How I wish calories is indeed "transferable". You sure could use it more than me :P Life is soooo unfair... *sob sob*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home