Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Mothers Day is this Weekend!!!

I have many friends who absolutely detests special commercial days such as these – Mothers Day, Christmas, Secretaries Week, and *drumroll…* Valentines Day!!! The general views are, “I appreciate my girlfriend every single day… not just only Valentines Day. It’s over-rated – prices of chocolates, flowers and dining spots sky-rockets!”

Personally, I just love these special days. Maybe it’s because I absolutely enjoy picking well-thought presents, spending quality time and basically just pampering my loved ones. Somehow, doing something special on these special days just adds on to the warm, fuzzy feeling inside *smile*. A few weeks ago, Shireen (sister) and myself had a brainstorming session. What do we do for mummy on Mothers Day? Some of these ideas came up:

  • A sit-down dinner with the whole family – Bah! How boring. Besides, with my dad’s picky taste buds we’d most probably end up going to some new place but eating the same sort of foods :P
  • A romantic Gemini cruise for mum and dad – At least I ‘thought’ it was romantic. Until mum said, “What so nice about cruise? Just sleep and have breakfast, pre-lunch bites, lunch, tea-time, dinner and supper. All I get is a bloated stomach!”
  • Tickets to Broadway show ‘Sound of Music’ - Mum enjoys shows such as ‘My Fair Lady’, ‘Annie’, ‘Oliver’, ‘King and I’… stuff like that. Then I remembered 2 years when I spent RM800 for tickets to ‘Fame – the musical’, my dear daddy decided to forgo his RM200 ticket and stayed home to watch Piala Thomas finals….grrrrr…. terfikir also marah!
  • A relaxing massage come facial at a prestigious spa – Sis and myself thought this would be the winner. Aihhh…. I sure could use a massage myself *hint hint!* After some deep thought, I’m thinking, “Err… I don’t think my 60-year old mum would be comfortable getting naked and let some stranger rub oils all over her body…hahaha.”


*Drumroll……..* We finally decided that the best gift for mum would be a short holiday for the entire family. Honestly, I don’t even recall the last time our family actually went for a holiday. I remember when us 3 siblings were younger, we would go for short trips to Penang, Langkawi, Pangkor, Club Med, Frasers Hill, Camerons, Genting… the list goes on *nods at happy memories.* After all of us started working, sis and bro got married and have lives of their own… somehow, the holidays stopped.

So, this Saturday morning, the Bear family (btw, did you know that my surname Yoong written in Chinese is ‘Bear’?) is off to Colmar Tropicale, Bukit Tinggi Resort. My process of booking the place… well, I’ll leave that for tomorrow’s blog entry *smiles* What about you? How are you treating your mum for Mothers Day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home