Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Road Cruisers

Colleague: Let’s have mamak for lunch.
Me: Ooo… I’ve been yearning for that for a few days dee… *salivating*
Colleague: Let’s go!!
Me: *ponder ponder* I packed cucumbers and carrots for my lunch wor…
Colleague: *scratch head*
Me: OK… OK… I'll forget healthy diet for a day. Let’s GO!


Stepped off the office Phileo II lift and guess what greeted me? PC Pro Malaysia Cruisers – for those who are not familiar with what it is, it’s a PC magazine. Got myself an inaugural 2005 issue and my eyes lighted up when the guy screamed from the top of his lungs, “HP iPAQ Pocket PC… HP iPAQ Pocket PC… who wants an iPAQ?” Yeah I got an iPAQ alright; an iPAQ k-e-y-c-h-a-i-n *LOL*.

The freebies I got

Browsing through the magazine, a chuckle arose as I read an article, “If it’s broke, it ain’t broke” by Ross Burrige. The guy was checking his e-mail on his mom’s dinosaur computer and the Windows 98 Update revealed that it was completely unpatched. He started to panic as he imagined the unending possibilities – hackers getting his mom’s online banking username and password, virus attacks. And so, he upgraded – the whole works of formatting the drive, installing Win XP. But what was his mom’s only reaction? “Where are my orang utans?” – previously, the pictures of monkeys were set as the background of her desktop.

Then again, how many of us believe that ‘prevention is better than cure’ and actually take the time to do something about it? To install the latest OS patches; update latest virus patches (the very least)? Only when something breaks down suddenly, then we’ll see how important it is.

Eih, I think I got a bit carried away with techno-talk. Back to the topic of Road Cruisers. The last time I came across these freebie-givers on the road were with my colleagues after lunch – Carltex station in Glenmarie. The road Cruisers were from 98.8. Funny thing was – none of us actually spoke Mandarin, much less actually tune to the channel. We were just raising our hands when they asked whether we wanted anything and couldn’t answer a single question. The only we COULD do? Dance some Indian dance to win some KFC vouchers *embarassing but all of us had a good laugh* Hey, our team were placed No 3, k? *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home