Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Greetings from Guangzhou – Day 05

Tis a bleak bleak day *sob sob…* Was a victim of a pick pocket today. What was the damage?
1) My favorite Braun leather wallet
2) Credit card
3) RM150
4) Reminbi worth RM600

As I recalled that someone had bumped into me after we took this picture – a young chap that should be in his early 20s. Quickly called Maybank to cancel my credit card. Was a bit upset when the lady put me on hold for almost 5 minutes cause she was searching for my card number (AFTER I gave her my full name and IC number). After being put on hold TWICE, I knew I couldn’t afford holding the call anymore and just had to notify my parents to help me cancel my card from home. Sigh… it was really my last resort cause dad’s really jittery and would always be worried of his little girl’s safety.

Aun Chuan: Are you alright?
Grace: Hrm… you should be upset with the loss of money huh..
Me: I’m safe, that’s what matters. I can gain back the money that is lost :)

Am fine… just a bit distraught cause need to go through all the trouble of getting an advance with my company’s branch office in Shanghai. Plus, I just cannot remember if my identification card and my Maybank ATM card is in the wallet…. Sigh….

Tis a bleak bleak day indeed…

2 Comments:

  • At February 20, 2006 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're fine.
    Be more careful! *hugs*

     
  • At February 20, 2006 9:59 PM, Blogger May Ng said…

    U poor girl!! Be careful yar...but u r right- Look on the bright side...cheer up and don't forget to have lotsa fun. Laughter's more important than all the money in the world!!!

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home