Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Thursday, May 05, 2005

VideoEZ ripped me off!

I received this e-mail from VideoEZ (yeah, I’m a member), having a promotion. Buy ‘Meet the Fockers’ VCD for a 50% discount of a normal room rate voucher at Colmar Tropicale Resort Pahang. These were the rates on the voucher:
  • Superior Twin/King; RM400 for published rate; RM200 for discounted
  • 1 Bedroom Suite; RM600 for published rate; RM300 for discounted
  • 1 Family Room; RM800 for published rate; RM400 for discounted
  • 2 Bedroom Suite; RM900 for published rate; RM450 for discounted
  • 3 Bedroom Suite; RM1,300 for published rate; RM650 for discounted
  • 4 Bedroom Suite; RM1,600 for published rate; RM800 for discounted

Let me point out some of the terms and conditions on the voucher:

  • Surcharge at RM40 net per room per night is applicable on Saturday, Eve and Public Holidays.
  • Room rates are inclusive of breakfast for 6
  • Room rates are inclusive of government and service tax

I thought, hmm… the published rates are absolutely crazy! The discounted rates seem a bit on the high-end, but still affordable. So, I decided to purchase the VCD. I called up the Bukit Tinggi Sales Office and asked about the package for the 3 bedroom suite without any mention about the VideoEZ voucher. And guess what????

The rates offered were exactly THE SAME! Can you believe it? ON TOP OF items already mentioned within the voucher, the normal package would include 6 entrance tickets to the Colmar, Japanese Garden and Rabbit Farm. I couldn’t believe my ears! Oh yes, the other ‘unclear’ item was on the surcharge. Apparently, the RM40 surcharge was for PER ROOM and not per item as I assumed. So, I would need to pay a surcharge of RM120 if I were to book the 3 bedroom suite. Sigh… I never felt so ripped off before. Anyway, I have sent an e-mail to the VideoEZ Sales Representative to complain about this. I’ll keep you posted on their response.

3 Comments:

  • At May 04, 2005 8:38 PM, Blogger WH? said…

    That's a big rip off.
    Should sue them for fraudery!

     
  • At May 05, 2005 5:26 PM, Blogger Juan said…

    I haven't gotten a response from the Sales rep. Any idea where I can bring my complaint to?

     
  • At May 06, 2005 3:49 PM, Blogger WH? said…

    Hmmm.. I am not sure. There's PCA (Penang Consumer Association), but that is in Penang. If they (Video EZ) don't reply you, maybe you can bring it up the The Star or Malay Mail

     

Post a Comment

<< Home