Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rules of Wisdom

You know how sometimes we know certain things... but until we see it in black and white, it just doesn't seem as 'clear'? I received an e-mail from a colleague and decided to post it here together with some personal thought process that came with it:
  • God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts. *sigh... Lord, help me to strike a balance*
  • Dear God, I have a problem, it’s me. *sometimes I pray so much for a situation to change... but for the most part, the problem lies with me :(*
  • Growing old is inevitable, growing UP is optional. *Papa, preserve the child-like faith I have within me...*
  • There is no key to happiness, the door is always open. *Yeah. It's a choice whether to live in reality or to live by faith. Or, we could be like little Annie: Tomorrow. tomorrow. I love ya, tomorrrow. And you're just a day awayyyyy...*
  • Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted. *Sometimes, it's just wiser to keep our mouths shut rather than to yap stuff that we regret later*
  • Do some maths, count your blessings. *Thank you, Lord for all the blessings AND also the scars in my life*
  • Faith is the ability not to panic. *Picture that comes to mind is a turbulent plane ride with a grown man frantically going, "We're gonna die! We're gonna DIEEE! And a little old lady calmly continued on with her knitting. The guy goes, "How can you be so calm?!?!?" Little old lady replies, "Cause I know where I'm going..."*
  • Laugh everyday, it’s like inner jogging. *Try this: Gather some friends. Start laughing. A laughing chain effect has been initiated. You'll have a good laughing exercise fit*
  • If you worry, pray. If you pray, don’t worry. *Matthew 6:1-34 Say the prayer, and believe in it. Don't worry. Be Happy*
  • As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home everyday. *Ewo Papa... I miss you. Lemme tell you what happened today. I broke a nail... sob sob*
  • Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape. *FLEX. Two Three Four. STRETCH. Two Three Four. BEND. Two Three Four.*
  • THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN YOUR HOME ARE THE PEOPLE. *Not the TV. Nor the computer. Nor the bed. So why do we spend more time on these items when we're home, rather than just sit and have a chat with our loved ones? Juan is guilty, Guilty, GUILTY!!!*
  • When we get tangled up in our problems, be still; God wants us to be still so that he can untangle the knot. *Be still and know that He is God*
  • A grudge is a heavy thing to carry. *sigh... I've learnt that to stay unforgiving and allowing the anger to burn within causes more damage to self. So daily, I choose to adhere to this - Eph 4:32 Instead, be kind and tender-hearted to one another, and forgive one another, as God had forgiven you.*
  • He who dies with the most toys is still dead. *I'll allow this to speak to you individually to do some soul-searching ;)*
  • We do not remember days, but moments. Life is moving too fast – so enjoy your precious moments. *Juan is enjoying this very moment, blogging, with faint country music playing in the background*
  • Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it’s just hearsay. *Anyone willing to go bungee-jumping with me?*
  • It’s alright to sit on your pity pot every now and then. Just be sure to flush when you are done. *giggle. Yeah... too much built-up crap within our system will definately make us ill*

1 Comments:

  • At June 29, 2005 10:12 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    Christine: Sorry... I had some problems with this post. Somehow, when I wanted to "full justify" the columns, it screwed up my sidebar. So, I had to delete and repost 'Rules of Wisdom'. As a result, your previous comment was deleted.

    I didn't think of the points by myself. Received it in the e-mail and thought that they made lots of sense - thought of keeping a copy of it by putting it up on my blog :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home