Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Monday, February 20, 2006

Greetings from Guangzhou – Day 06

After such a depressing post yesterday, I decided to go a little light today *smiles*. Song Nien and Kum Seng (project managers from Wanglaoji) each lent me some cash… and SO, I was able to shop, shop, and SHOP on Sunday from 9:30am till 9:30pm. I know, it’s a bit of a shopper’s overkill. Was nearly half-dead when I got home last night since am not really a shopping kind of person. Though, there’s a couple of items that I plan on getting on this trip:
1) Waterproof hiking Timberland shoes
2) Waterproof hiking bag
3) Sports shoe
4) Laptop backpack

We took the MTR to get downtown. Took a shot of this sign – No swinging. When I saw this my first thought was, “You mean that there’s actually enough number of instances of people behaving like a monkey swinging from handle to handle on the MTR?!?”

Next warning shot – No climbing. Hahhahaha… to think there were people trying to climb the poles. Errr… Maybe they should put there ‘No pole dancing instead’. Certainly the picture looked like it *wink*. So kinky eih…

Found in China… ONLY in China – No Spitting! I cannot believe the amount of phlegm and spit the Chinese here have. You can even see young, sweet-looking girls spitting all over the place on the streets *faints*.

Last sign shot on the MTR – Please don’t chase and create a disturbance in the train. *giggle* Must have been quite a lot of love birds on the train treating the setting like a garden in a typical Hindi movie :P

Self-explanatory shot of why I so gleefully took a shot to share with all of you – MEI DICK SHOES. Apparently, it’s quite a famous brand and I can see the adverts all over where we were shopping at. My sister’s name is “Mei Ling” and so I recognize the same Chinese character on the sign. Translated to English – Pretty D*** Shoes *LOL*.

So, after a full day of shopping what did I manage to purchase?
1) 2 PUMA sports shoe worth RMB150 (~RM70, so RM32 per pair)
2) 1 switch, there’s only 1 LAN point in the apartment worth RMB55 (~RM25)
3) 1 webcam worth RMB70 (~RM32)
4) Tea flavored plum and tea flavored Chinese plum. Dad willlove these :)

Wow, cheap right? They didn’t have the hiking shoes that I liked in my size. Sigh… guess I’d need to make another trip downtown next weekend to get my Mount Kinabalu/Tahan necessities *grin*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home