Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Friday, May 19, 2006

Goodbye, JSPC

From Juan to Regional Manager
Dear Kum Seng,

As we're both currently stationed on-project outside Klang Valley, I apologize that I could not meet you in person for this matter. I would like to resign from JSPC and after being with the company for more than 5 years; this was not an easy decision which took a lot of consideration.

Attached is the formal resignation letter…




From Regional Manager
Hi Juan,

So my last "daughter" is finally "married out"!

I am sad that you are leaving us but am happy that you are going to do something that you believe it will be more fulfilling and rewarding. I enjoy your working company and am sure I will miss you.

It is not an easy email to reply as I really don't know what to say…




From direct-reporting Manager
Hi Juan and Kum Seng,

Sob sob, Noriza is too distraught to say anything. Should be mixed feelings, I guess. General rule of thumb is that one will join new company if there is a better career prospect, be it in RM and etc. I have no doubt that the same rule applies to my last little sister here :-). I wish her all the best…



And so, the deed is done. Hahahhahahha…. So funny that Papa Seng sees the correlation of me being ‘his daughter marrying out’ with me ‘leaving’ *giggle*. I am indeed very blessed by all my managers and colleagues who really are like family. Sighhh… to find bosses like Papa Seng and Abang Noriza is like searching for a needle in a haystack, and yet I found TWO of such needles!!! *starry eyed…*

Thought it would be nice to pay a small tribute to some very prized people that I’ve met along the way… the Alam Flora bunch doing the ‘Wendy’ pose… muahahahhahah. From left: Tim, Jong Jim, Jefery, *me*, Rachel, Jason, Wendy, Ramon, Mei Yee.

Ahhh… trips with Abang Noriza are always fun. This is us at FRIM. Mmmhhhh… was supposed to go for ATV mudtrekking, but had a little mishap during a little hiking trip with some other friends. We had the fire brigade come rescue us, which reminds me is another story altogether :P From left: Hui Jih, Normala, Carrie, Noriza, *me*, Celena, Jong Sim.

Some RHB staff during our training last year. Sigh… I received news about Kak Fiza (lady second from the left) that she had passed away after delivering her first child, while I was in China - I miss her bubbly character terribly.

Kak Mini with her tokens taken while she went for her trips to Korea. Imagine… these 40-something makciks goes gaga over these Korean and Japanese men. Once, Kak Fizah stuck a human size poster to ‘motivate’ her staff at work *LOL*.

Karaoke sessions… This was taken during our company’s annual trip to Avillion :)

Victor jai… my ‘partner in crime’… downloading mangas and animes. Oh oh oh… where am I going to get my Naruto and Bleach fix in future?!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Jefery’s wedding. Ahhh… the youngest now-already-married friend. With Sand Dee getting married in July, Siew Fun in August, Ju Lian in September, Noriza and Hui Min in December, apart from Shing Onn and myself, everyone in the previous RHB team is tying the knot! Gosh… though I’m happy for all of them, there’s going to be this really big hole in my wallet giving out red packets by the end of the year :P From left: Shiao Peng, Ramon, Siew Bun, Jason, Mei Yee, Lillian, Ethan, *me*, Eugene, Jong Sim, Celena, Michelle.

Barbeque sessions…

Surprise birthday celebration sessions…

Indeed, great memories. Tis the picture taken with the China team at Wanglaoji.

I wouldn’t trade the experiences and all I’ve gone through with JSPC with any $$$$ offered to me. Yes, even with the experience of (1) having to get scolded at cause did not know how to read Chinese menu (2) having to line up like prison inmates to get food (3) being even lower than prison inmates cause I actually need to WASH MY OWN UTENSILS… kekeee.

Indeed, the years have been great:

  • Penerbit Fajar Bakti – as a starry-eyed fresh-grad started my SAP career as a Basis and ABAP programmer.
  • RHB Bank – Meeting great friends whom I repeat are ALL getting married by the end of the year *grin*.
  • Dow Chemicals – Wonderful international exposure where I got to make good friends with lots of great people whom were Indians, Hongkies, Japanese, Indonesians, Canadians..
  • Alam Flora – A place where suddenly I realize that I’m a ‘senior’ to many.
    Wanglaoji Pharmeceutical – Working in another country certainly was challenging. Imagine, I was speaking to my Chinese team mates in Chinese, and they were replying me in English via MSN. *faints*
  • Miscellaneous other short assignments or support with companies like Petronas, Sharp Roxy, Titan, Genting Sanyen. Gosh... penning this down, I should really be thankful I was exposed to such big-brand firms through my stay with JSPC.

Wow… what a long post. But then again, any less would not justify my appreciation to how God has carried me through the years in my career by giving me great people to work with *thanks, Papa*. I know He’s called me into my new workplace though I love my present, and I’m excited to the things that He has in store for me…

3 Comments:

  • At May 19, 2006 3:08 PM, Blogger Victor said…

    Hey, all the best to you... We will miss you here. :D

    Dont worry, i will still provide u bout the lastest scoop bout the naruto/bleach mangas :)

    Btw, did i tell you that naruto already met sasuke in the manga ??? O_O

     
  • At May 19, 2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're surely gonna miss you. Do keep us update with your blog.

     
  • At May 19, 2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Juan said…

    Victor, how to provide lehhh. We'll have to meet up PURPOSEY so that I can get the CDs from you. Eihh... what a wonderful way to keep in touch :D Cheers to Naruto!!! gahahahahahaah!

    Jefery, you must continue to take picrues kay? You've got an amazing talent. I will check your site often too :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home