Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Greetings from Guangzhou – Day 23

Time: 1:30 a.m.
Hidden meaning: It’s late, Juan is tired, so it’s going to be a short post :P

Just got back from a superb supper with my colleagues – From left: David Labuda, Boon Siew and Grace. Been cooped up in my apartment for more than a week working, and it’s great just to loosen up and have some time-off (even if it’s just an hour of being away right outside the apartment having supper…ekekkeke).

It’s a nice barbeque place right outside the apartment we’re living. Grace kept commenting about how dirty it was; the oysters were cleaned with some tap water right next to the drain. But I’d like to think I’ve got a really strong Malaysia “mamak” stomach…ehehhehe. Well, if my post tomorrow is entitled, “Sick in Guangzhou”… at least I’ll read this blog item and remember what a great time I had.

Many tables set up next to the main road and everyone on the other tables were gambling with that little box thing with dices inside. Have absolutely no idea how it’s being played, took a quick candid shot (fingers crossed hoping that the guys don’t suddenly stand up and demanded I erased their photo).

Finally, some of the stuff we had. Mind you, I didn’t have enough space to show all the goodies our tum tums enjoyed tonight… :D To name just a few; there was bread, lamb, oysters cooked with chili and garlic, chicken wings, fish, pork ribs, mushrooms, calamari, cheap RM3 big bottles of beer, and my favorite RM1.50 MAGNUM (I still CANNOT believe that MAGNUM’s soooooooo cheap here in China, and with so many different types of flavors too!).

I think I shall go to sleep with a wide smile on my face tonight. And it’s not because of the beer... :P All four of us stuffed ourselves with all that great stuff and it costed us only RM40!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

1 Comments:

  • At March 11, 2006 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Нихуя у ТЯ ёбальник-то, пластику не пробовала? Я тя вспомнил, ты у нас на китайском рынке шмотками вонючими торгуешь...ГОУ ХОУМ КИТАЙБАЗАР!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home