Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Greetings from Guangzhou – Day 25

My biggest job boo-boo in China. The reason why it’s 4:00am and I’m still up blogging. Can’t sleep cause was scared s***less for the past 5 hours since 11:00pm and I expect myself to be in this state for at least the next 10 hours. I normally name my archive jobs {date}_{company code}. For this particular archiving object, it was named 10032006_70. “10032006” being the date and “70” is the short form for company code G070.

So if you observe the parameters set, I was supposed to key in “G070” for the Company Code selection. But I accidentally left it blank. What does this mean?

The job scheduled is going to DELETE ALL FINANCIAL DATA that is present in the system.

And so, in my “trying-to-be-calm-but-failed-to” state, I:

  • Quickly called David and said, “Don’t you dare delete any files from the archive folder! I need to restore the deleted data!” Of which, he snickered. Grrr… he obviously doesn't understand the implications.
  • Cancelled the delete job at once.
  • Tried to restore the data but I couldn’t see the restore file.
  • Told Grace, she glanced up, went, “Oh..” and got back to work. After I explained that we would need to restore the server back to last week’s backup; of which all the work she has done for the past week will be gone, THEN she panicked WITH me.
  • Rushed up to Kenneth’s and David apartment, and we panicked together :P

Anyway, we needed to continue deleting all data in order for the restore file to be created. At least… this is our understanding at this point of time. Whaaaaa???? Have to delete ALL the data so that we can restore?!? How silly does THAT sound? *faints*

Errr… we’ll get some results in about 10 hours; which is why my stomach is tied up in knots.

Me: Kenneth, it’s been great knowing you *shakes his hand*
Kenneth: Errr… *shakes hand hesitantly*
Me: Shake hand cause going to get fired tomorrow…
David: I’m the one’s who’s getting fired!!! I didn’t do backup today, REMEMBER?

Need to face my manager Kum Seng, tomorrow at 8:30a.m. That's 4 1/2 hours away...

>:S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home