Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Monday, May 30, 2005

CLGC’s first church camp (Part I)

Mixed feelings brewed as camp drew near. Excited and happy as I thought about all the fun I knew I was going to have; the whole 70’s theme, getting to know people that I generally just smile to on Sundays, and as always, a new breath of fresh air in my walk with Him. At the same time, I got a sinking feeling as I made travel plans with my new cell members; this year, most of the people I cared for the past three years would not be at camp with me *huge sigh…*. I couldn’t help myself, but feel crummy, helpless and lost on Friday.

In the span of a year since last year’s camp… so much have changed. I miss being in a joyful, vibrant church; its innocence has been lost. I miss my cell group; especially sis. I miss seeing her twice a week just sharing how the week has been; in the midst of being buzy it’s tough to set time aside. I cringe thinking of the times I have to explain to my non-Christian parents why us siblings now worship in different churches. I am saddened by insensitive remarks and assumptions people reason why I stay in church. Really, is it so difficult to believe that I’ve NEVER thought of leaving cause in my Spirit I have not been released to do so? My seven-year relationship ended. I was plucked and thrown into a different working environment...

It would’ve been SO much easier for me to just quit. But then again… how could I? How could I disappoint Him? He who has been with me every step of the way. My Rock… the only solid foundation when all has failed. Took half-a-day off to go for a good lunch and some window-shopping to feel better; but alas it didn’t work. Yeah… I guess this is the time to own up that the reason why I wasn’t in church for the first session wasn’t because I was working; but wallowing in self-pity at home watching American Idol reruns on 8TV *so pathetic*.


Sighh.. the two things that SHOULD’VE changed but DIDN’T are (1) the kilograms on my hips and (2) my empty bank account *chuckle *.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home