Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Friday, May 06, 2005

Questionaire

Give some thought to answering before looking at my response.
  1. Do you believe in ghosts? If yes, what are they?
  2. Have you ever encountered a ghost before? If yes, can you describe the experience?
  3. Are you afraid of ghosts? Why?
  4. If you are so afraid of ghosts, will you still go to watch ghost movies? If yes, why?
  5. If ghosts exist, are they friendly or dangerous?
  6. If ghosts are dangerous, how do we protect ourselves from them?

A friend sent me this questionnaire. Took me 3 minutes to fill it up but thought it was kind of interesting. Interesting enough for me blog about it *wink!* My response is as of below:

  1. Yes. Ghosts / Spirits are from the Enemy of Christ that confuses / deceits; whose main purpose is to draw Men away from God.
  2. The recent incident was when I moved into my new apartment about a year back. Lying half-awake at night, I heard evil laughter followed by voices calling out my name. Not too sure if they were spirits, but if I were dreaming… the dreams were very frequent. I’ll have you know that I prayed in tongues throughout the entire time until the laughter and voices stopped…brrrr.
  3. Yes. It’s an automatic response to feel afraid at the very instant during an encounter.
  4. I stay away from ghost movies, which the reviews say are highly disturbing. When I was about 5, I couldn’t sleep the whole night after watching Exorcist. However, I DO enjoy a few scary movies once in awhile – just for kicks.
  5. Anything that draws us away from God is dangerous; be it ghosts or not. The ‘Casper the Friendly Ghost’ concept or ‘familiar spirits’ were created by the enemy to confuse us that ‘It’s alright to befriend Spirits’.
  6. To awake from state of initial fear by having the assurance that God is with us; By knowing our identity in Him as children of Light; By prayer (Mark 9) as ‘He that is in us is greater than he that is in this world’ (1 John).

Being a Christian, the idea of Spirits / Ghosts isn’t foreign. After all, I do believe in God, Lucifer is a fallen angel and became Satan. There were other fallen angels. So, that’s where we get ghosts / spirits. However, I do wonder what other people of different faiths think about this. Hrmmm…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home