Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Grief

Grief is like taking a walk on a beach. The weather is warm and sunny with a slight breeze blowing in our hair. Tall coconut trees could be seen in a distance. A slight chirping of birds could be heard in the background. Little waves licking our toes as we soak in the panoramic view.

We think that we're safe and all is fine.


Then suddenly a big tsunami hits and we soon find ourselves gasping for air as we fight the torrid current. We might drown and lose ourselves in the struggle. If we survive, the serenity returns and calm walk continues... until the next big wave unsettles us again.

My source of comfort:

Psalms 23:4, 6

Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, LORD, for you are with me. Your shepherd's rod and staff protect me. I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life; and your house will be my home as long as I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home