Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Re-igniting a lost passion for Short Stories

Last night, a forgotten box of treasures was opened – it was filled with memories of the past. I took a trip down memory lane through the kindergarten certificate of completion received, autograph books from primary schools years, photos of me wearing those horrendous turquoise colored pinafores *that made me look really fat, I must add*, and there it was. My form 5 year book.

As my fingers grazed through the pages, I came across a short story I wrote for the English literature section. Then it dawned upon me, ‘I really enjoyed writing these and used to do it every now and then. Whatever made me stop? Was it the busyness of growing up – getting a degree, finding a job, climbing up the corporate ladder? Hey, you know what? I could restart this… yeah, what’s stopping me now?’

So, for one and a half weeks, I’m going to squeeze some creative juice out of my brains and expand the plot of the story written in the yearbook (yeah, I really liked that particular one). The general outline:

  • The story to be broken down into different chapters (about 5-6).
  • Each chapter to be around 400-500 words written from a SINGLE character’s perspective. I wanted to try this style of writing so that the reader can be absorbed into the each character’s emotions and background.
  • It’s not going to be one of those highly passionate guy-girl romance novels, but it WILL have some elements of ‘lurve’.

I have yet to categorize the type of story this is going to be; but trust me, it’s not going to be some girly lovey-dovey story. Perhaps you could help me with the category once the story is completed. Check the site daily for one and a half weeks and embark on this journey with me. Leave me a comment (particularly words of encouragement *wink!*); the site’s getting hits daily and I really would like to get to know who’s been reading *smile*.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home