Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Monday, August 22, 2005

Not ready for male attention

How does it feel to get picked up by a guy, really?
.
.
.
Initial feeling: Awkward… Shy… Weird…
.
.
.
Followed by: Uncertain of what to do… Afraid of what he might do…
.
.
.
Proceed to: Search for backup. When fail, run and hide as fast as possible.
.
.
.
When already in a secure location: Erm… it feels kind of flattering, actually.

Well, *gurgle* I don’t have any recollection of EVER garnering any male attention. *ponder ponder* Well maybe, I’ve not been getting any every since I’ve had a steady boyfriend :P So yeah, *sigh…* now I’m single… and erm… available. And now suddenly...

Situation 1: Cable car line up with Jess and Christine in Genting
Unexpectedly, there were lots of travelers from Middle Eastern countries that weekend. The lines were really, really long (about 3 times of TGV cinema ticket line up in 1 Utama) forming a snake-like lineup. When we were in line, there was this ‘uncle’ who flashed me a smile and said, *“Ni hao mha?”. I thought he was kind of nice for trying to speak Mandarin and all, so I replied with a, “Hao…” I kept to that opinion until ‘snake formation lineup’ met in the middle again and he flashed me another smile with another, “Ni hao mha?” I was like, “Huh?”

When it happened for the THIRD times… *groan* It certainly didn’t help with Christine and Jess was snickering along going, “Hahahaha… the line’s still a long way to go-leh…” and “Ahhh… Middle Eastern guys like tall, fair girls wan” *shakes head* After that, I just kind of stared into space whenever we met in the middle :P

Uncle very scary :(

Situation 2: Dinner at TB Corner. Damansara Perdana
Guy: Are you Jane?
Me : Err…no. *maybe he mistook ‘Juan’ with ‘Jane’?*
Guy: Oh, sorry… I thought we met in Australia. Were you ever in Australia?
Me : Uhh… yes. I was studying there *Do I know this guy?*
Guy: Ahh… we met in Sydney, remember?
Me : Err… I was in Melbourne.
Guy: I’m a graphic designer *insert small talk* So, what do you do?
Me : mumble…mumble..
Guy: So, do you have a business card with you?
Me : Err… no. *what would a graphic designer want to do with an IT consultant?*
Guy: Oh, a mobile number’s fine… I’d like to give you a call…


Suddenly, the light bulb flicked on *duh-h... after such a long conversation, how stupid can one get?* and I frantically tried to call Chun How and Kelvin for backup. *sigh…* Chun How was in Penang and Kelvin had already gone back to Cheras. I don’t think my dinner digested very well… *burp*

Guy also very scary :( And to think this happened when I was in T-shirt, shorts, and without an ounce of make-up *shakes head*.

For now, I think I’ll stop at 2 examples *sigh…*. These stuff is so foreign and scares the living light bulbs out of me. I don’t get it. Why’s the attentions starting now? Whatever happened during the past 7 years? Well for starters, I look and feel and same (am aging, but surely that’s a minus point? :P). Do I suddenly have some neon-sign above head going, “AVAILABLE”? *scratch head* Whilst it’s kind of flattering and all, but a huge part of me would rather things return to normal. Normal… as in… being securely attached whilst having only to focus on things of God and things at work - in an air-headed, easy, sort of way.

Yeah… I really do feel things are kind of spinning out of control at the moment… Trying to adjust at work; between training in RHB, support at Alam Flora, internal projects at Phileo. Trying to adjust in church; new leadership, new cell group, maintaining relationships with my old cell group. Trying to adjust at home; *think I’ll keep this personal*. Trying to adjust to single-hood; there’s these pangs of loneliness especially on days when I’m down with some kind of illness and need a good bear hug. Sigh, I think I want to move back in with mum and dad. But then, it’s a toss between ‘loss of freedom’ and ‘gain of tender loving care’ :P

Juan screams, “STOP SPINNING, WORLD!!!!!!!” please… *sob sob*

And then, there’s that scary guy colleague at the office who…

:P

8 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2005 8:10 AM, Blogger WH? said…

    *tsk tsk*

    And to think this happened when I was in T-shirt, shorts, and without an ounce of make-up *shakes head*.

    probably this is what natural beauty means.

    But hey, if it was some hot cute hunk that i able to charm you off your feet... I bet you wouldn't be complaining eh?

    Anyway, hope things get better. The "bad" times makes us appreciate the good times more.

     
  • At August 23, 2005 9:48 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    Natural beauty, huh? hrm... maybe I should stop putting on makeup and save myself loads of $$$ in future :D Nah-h... I think not >:)

    Come to think of it... he was kinda cute. But err.... too bad he was short. *LOL*

    About the bad times, it's taking a tad bit too long and I'm hanging on a thin string. But it might get better when you get back! *hugz*

     
  • At August 29, 2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    hrm.... good thinking *nyek nyek* If it was so, am glad I hid as fast as I could... :D

     
  • At August 29, 2005 9:49 AM, Blogger Ju-Lian said…

    Guy in office who...???? ANyway I know? :O :O :O

    TELL!!!! >:D

    I dunno la.. Me also, after single d suddenly got ppl chase chase....2 somemore... wth la... I dunno I so laku wan ahhahaha

    But ah...scary. Don't wanna go down the same road again... manyak sakit ohhhh....

     
  • At August 29, 2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Juan said…

    Yea, maybe there's some wisdom in why Paul says it's better to be single ;)

     
  • At September 01, 2005 8:50 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    David ar David, that's why Paul said if burn with passion faster-faster go find urself a wife! ekkekekeke... I intro to you. You intro to me la :P

     
  • At September 02, 2005 3:28 PM, Blogger Juan said…

    aih... but all the godly women in my church you already know. So how ar? *sob sob* You still willing to intro to me? *wink!*

    Arrr... for starters, he needs to be taller than me *this will already give you enuff headache* :P

     
  • At September 12, 2005 9:48 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    That's why Chun How ask me to pray harder lorrr *sigh*...
    1) Pray for taller men to enter church 'or'
    2) Pray for the existing men to grow taller :P

    I told him, "If I'm ever in charge of foods, I'll make sure 'long beans' will be on the menu day-in, day-out. >:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home