Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Thursday, June 08, 2006

My three weeks training at Titan, Johore

The training assignment at Titan has been more like a paid vacation rather than a work assignment. Work starts at 8:30am and I get to go back to the luxurious, laden with duty-free chocolates Eden hotel by 5pm. Ahhh...

First weekend back at Klang Valley, a few of us decided to go for a hike up to Sungai Chilling, Kuala Kubu Baru *thanks to Mr Organizer Mr David Oh*. Tis a picture taken of Heidi and myself chilling out at the waterfall. So peaceful *giggle*… little did we know the “adventure” ahead of us. Out first time, hopefully the last… for the fire brigade to come save us from anything :P

We spent a night at Frasers - that’s David taking photographs of KayX’s leg scratches. And look… look at what Chun Haw is doing *LOL*.

That’s me pinching off everybody’s plate *slurp*. My goodness, The Tavern serves the most superb-tasting homemade strawberry jam…yum! From left: David, Chun Haw, KayX, *me*, Becky and Kevin.

Cute picture of Gerald, *me*, and KayX enjoying the breath-taking view of the lake.

At Johore, we treated ourselves to good meals every end of the week. First week, we went to Halo café for some Western food. Second week, we saw a Modesto’s banner saying, “50% off all pasta and FREE cocktails for ladies night!” Wow! I thought it was a really good deal UNTIL Poh Kiew started to get sleepy after a couple-a-drinks. Ekkekeke… luckily the next morning, she managed to wake up on time to get to work *whew!*. From left: *me*; salmon fettuccini and beef carbonara with long island cocktails; Poh Kiew ermmm… ‘down’.

Third week, we decided… definitely no drinking. FULL STOP. Went for seafood instead. Yumyum… Baby lobsters and crabs!!!

My last assignment with JSPC – From left: users at Titan with Poh Kiew and myself; *me* in a stolen uniform; a picture of the Titan petrochemical plant.

The weekend at Sibu Island. The seawater was soooooo green. The marine fishes were soooooo pretty. How I wish I knew how to properly use the flippers for snorkelling. Ankles were very sore cause I didn’t quite manage to get it right :P From left: *me* and some local doggies; on the hammock; Sibu Island from afar.

Yupz… it was a great working holiday indeed *grin widely from ear to ear*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home