Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Monday, August 22, 2005

I Love Promotional Vouchers

Purchase 1: RM10 voucher for 2 sessions Yun Nam hair care for Mummy
Purchase 2: RM18 voucher for 2 sessions Sensualite slimming for self

And so, last week… I brought mummy to the Damansara Utama branch for her first hair treatment session. Dad demanded for me to accompany her throughout the entire time, for fear that she would take things one step further and sign off my entire inheritance to the Hair Care Centre *giggle*

Firstly, the consultant took out some charts and explained all that we needed to know about hair - hair follicles, hair loss diseases, hair loss preventions *snore…* Secondly, they did a hair analysis and explained that mummy’s hair loss condition (there were 3 small completely bald patches which was very unusual) could be either due to stress or a fungal infection. It was quite interesting when they did that scan, cause we could see the scalp condition up close and the way the hair grew in groups of 3-4 strands per opening. Thirdly, they gave her this treatment that was extremely smelly *urgh!* Yun Nam’s products uses traditional herbs that well, looked like sand on top of her head. So, yeah… like planting hair *LOL* Luckily, mum was alright with the smell, I think if it were me, I wouldn’t tolerate it for even a minute and would’ve washed it off with my Pantene in an instant.

What about my slimming session? Sigh… sis was with me as I purchased the voucher but only said this AFTER I paid, “Hey, you realize you need to get naked, right?” *stoned*

This week, after dropping mum off for her second Yun Nam session, I dropped by Sensualite for my first slimming session. Firstly, they took my weight and height. Referring to my previous reading, I’m glad to report that my height is indeed 171 cm, and not 170 cm :P and I’ve successfully lost 2 kgs since July 20th :D Secondly, they took out lots of charts (like at Yun Nam) and explained all I needed to know about one’s body - fat, cellulite, water retention *snore…* Thirdly, she did a body analysis which I had to *ulp!* strip. Fourthly, I was ushered into a spa cubicle (which was really relaxing I must add), proceeded to give me a aromatic salt scrub in between the spa experience and ended with a nice, hot bath *heaven…*.

Then, the interesting part starts. She hooked me up onto some kind of a machine that basically worked my muscles like crazy. Apparently, the machine was doing the exercise for me; sit-ups, running, rowings. I was thinking how it would be possible for that to take place, but after waking up today with sore stomach muscles… yeah - I believe in that machine :P Other parts of my body felt fine, perhaps it was because I’m already jogging regularly.

Lastly, I felt like a turkey being prepared for thanksgiving dinner. She err… 'glad-wrapped' and then covered me up in an electric blanket and proceeded to cook me till I felt like a prune. This… I did not enjoy at all, due to my low tolerance towards heat *grr…* Need to remind myself that for the 2nd slimming session, my ‘cooking’ time must be shortened. Nice body moisturizers, though. Oh yes, after the whole thing, she gave this calcium drink that was supposed to increase the metabolic rate – nice, cocoa drink *yum…*

All in all, the experience was quite enjoyable and relaxing. The only 3 negatives were:

  • For a short moment, while she was scrubbing me, I felt a bit err… ‘gay’. Definite awkward moment - 2 girls in a bathroom. Thank goodness she was very professional which made me feel at ease throughout the entire time.
  • Felt faint after the hot treatment 'cooking session' – probably caused by my low sugar and low blood pressure :(
  • The entire thing took about 3.5 hours (minus trial consultation time) – gee, for a normal working person… who has the time to spare 3 whole hours on a weekly basis??? Probably only some rich housewife can afford to do so…

Honestly, I don’t believe that these sessions can make a person slim down. After each session there’s a significant reduction in weight and centimeters – but that’s because they rid your body off water retention by drying you up like a raisin with their spa and thermal treatment. But then again, I really shouldn’t be complaining. After all… it’s was only RM18, right? *grin*

Normally, it would cost about RM200 per session. Breaking it down, that’s about 70 bucks per hour. *mmmmhhh…* The weight lost will happen as the nutrition analysts educate their customers on proper eating habits, which comes with a structured meal plan. Set your expectation right - Sign up for such programs expecting to lose weight by learning how to eat healthily and go for their slimming treatments for ‘relaxation’. *nods*.

3 Comments:

  • At August 22, 2005 10:00 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    I miss blogging!!! I'm back to Alam Flora on Friday last week and today for some problem solving. Took the opportunity to quickly write up 2 entries last night and made a quick post this morning. *sigh...* Dunno when I'll get Internet connection again... :(

     
  • At August 22, 2005 1:41 PM, Blogger munsta said…

    aiya...and i was secretly hoping u'd confirm that wow...slimming programmes are effective...worth a go! (i trust ur reviews mar) :)

    sigh...need to quit kidding myself lar...should be resorting to good old fashioned exercise.

     
  • At August 23, 2005 9:17 AM, Blogger Juan said…

    munsta, yeah... sometimes, money just ain't everything...ekkekekke. Sometimes we think slimming centres are like miracle solutions that busts our fats :P Even those Hollywood stars have nutrition analysts and body trainers maaaa...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home