Juan's World

An inside look into the world of an average girl who lives a not-so-average life after having met face-to face with the great "I am". Living a life of purpose. Leaving a mark. Balancing her life with the things He has called her to do with the responsibilities in life. With just one wish in her heart. That one day, when she meets face to face with her Maker. To have Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have ran the race well!"

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Greetings from Sungai Petani, Kedah

Wow! It has been a hectic couple of weeks. Work’s crazy but I’ve learnt so much these two months compared to the last two years when I was stuck in Petronas. So really, I’m not complaining *smiles*. Let’s look at my itinerary from here on:
  • Will be back from Sungai Petani in a couple of hours
  • Tomorrow and the day after will be conducting training in Bangi
  • Saturday and Sunday will be at Port Dickson for company’s annual trip *so cheap-o hor, PD only… sigh, though I think I’ll definitely enjoy myself for the Treasure Hunt and Hawaiian night*
  • Monday will be back in Bangi for a final day of training

Whar… look at that. And to think I’ve already been assigned to Infineon Malacca Project and the team has started prep work about 3 weeks back *pant pant* Typing this all out is making me tired. Bet reading it made you fall asleep, right? *giggle*

I was in for a nice surprise when I got here. Have never been here before, so I thought, “What kind of an ‘Ulu’ place did my company send me to this time?” *LOL* Honestly, it’s quite nice here – I’ll rate it as ‘around the same par of development’ as Kajang. The only weird thing is my hotel – am staying at Park Avenue that does not have a swimming pool, nor a gym, but they have a bowling alley :P And then, at 6:00 a.m. they switch this annoying pipe music that *boinks* me awake *shake head*.

Colleagues here are very laid back and friendly. A user brought me out for dinner and a Sungai Petani come Alor Setar tour. Pity me cause I’m a ‘jakun’ in Kedah *nyek nyek*. Funny guy… he brought me to see paddy fields and when he deliberately stopped in front of a railway crossing when he should’ve took another turn, I had to ask, “Err… excuse me… but what are you doing?” He SINCERELY thought that born and bred city girl like me have never seen paddy fields and trains before…ahhahahahahahah! *wipe tears from eyes*

Another embarrassing incident was when I was hanging out at the bowling alley and 4 guys approached me. Two were locals, and I think the other two were from Japan. I *poofed* immediately when they started to ask for my room number *so scaryyyy*. The next morning, I went to enquire at the reception area where my taxi was and this Japanese uncle approached me and said, “Why don’t I fetch you to work?” Haihh… needless to say, I *poofed* again and ran to the nearest taxi available. In the cab I was wondering, “Whar… I’m here for less than 24 hours - these Japanese men in Sungai Petani so scary. They’re not even like this in KL” When I stepped into the Sharp office, suddenly I saw the Japanese uncle. *slaps forehead* Turned out, he was the GM from Sharp, Japan who saw me around the previous day and was kind in offering to give me a ride. Sigh… what a big boo boo. Mistook a kind uncle for a pervert. And he HAD to be a GM…. *boo hoo hoo…*

Eh, I better pack up… else I’m going to miss my flight.

I’m going home… home… hoMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2005 11:50 PM, Blogger Pink Lady said…

    Hehehe .. good experience huh ?

    When will you be going to Malacca? I'll be travelling to Malacca every week, maybe can go makan there ;) Satay Celup

     
  • At September 29, 2005 11:53 PM, Blogger Christine Law said…

    hehe, poor Jap uncle... and also poor u for going thru uneccessary fear :)

     
  • At September 30, 2005 9:16 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    this is so funny! ;P

    btw, faster come back! hehe

     
  • At October 05, 2005 9:20 AM, Blogger Ju-Lian said…

    Hahaaaaaaaa! Jap GM had his eye on you for long long time already :D :D :D :D

     
  • At October 18, 2005 6:27 PM, Blogger Juan said…

    munsta: How was the wedding? We really need to catch up soon. Did you receive the angpau?

    pink lady: I am not sure when I'm going down. But the plan is for me to work from Phileo Damansara and access Malacca remotely. Only when there's a necessity for me to visit my clients... then I'll be there.

    ing ching: After all that, I still think I did the right thing. Better safe than sorry, right?

    beckster: Your steamboat birthday looked extremely yummyyyy *slurp!*

    david: Hrmph! Laugh at other people's misfortune...

    Ju: Let's not even go there... T_o_T

     

Post a Comment

<< Home